Do you remember your first tank?

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
I'm bored at work watching youtube and doing random reef research and I'm watching a video and they were talking about how long they've been in the hobby and they talked about how they were started at 5 with a freshwater tank so I figured I'd throw it out for discussion.

I've always had a tank growing up. My dad has a freshwater tank with angels. I had tons of freshwater tanks on my own including at one point 4 or 5 freshwater tanks at my parents house. I remember finally dipping my toes in saltwater when I still shared a room with my brother when I was in middle school. I had a 20 gallon long tank with CFL bulbs, crushed corals, fake sythetic colored corals and a HOB filter skimmer with a few yellow tailed damsels and clowns. I remember getting a LTA and it dying when it rested up against the heater in the tank and crashing the tank...

Feel free to come along on the ride down memory lane...

I had various FW tanks as a kid - started with a goldfish in a little 2g tank, then guppies in there after. Went up to a 37g w/ angelfish. In high school I had a nice 30g with dwarf rainbows which was probably my favorite FW.

Bought a 45g FOWLR tank from the classifieds in high school as the first SW. Had a prizm HOB skimmer and a magnum canister filter, and a bunch of LR. In case you wondered, a 45g is a terrible tank shape - 3×1×2(tall).

I had a freshwater tank from I want to say from age 11 to 14 I had a freshwater 10 gallon tank. Then for my 15th birthday, my dad gave me some money to help set up my first saltwater tank. Flash forward 2 years I have a 125 gal and I still am learning new things every day and am equally as fascinated as the first day.

My parents got me a I believe a 10 gallon tank when I was about 5 or 6. My cousin that I idolized always had a plethora of tanks and he donated the stand. Was a fun tank full of angels and neon tetras until my mother bumped the stand vacuuming and knocked the tank and its contents to the floor. Had random tanks after that and then took the saltwater plunge in the beginning of 2004. Been keeping them ever since

At about age 7 I had a 10 gallon tank I got garbage picking and then my parents took me (By Bus) to downtown Lowell to get guppies. I remember feeding my sea monkeys that I got for Christmas too them.

Remember how exited I was when had there first guppy babies.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back