Does anybody have a Maxspect GyreXF330 they could help me set up?

SMI

Non-member
I paid a lot of money for this but I got it slightly used off of eBay and I think it’s most likely going to go on the for sale fourm because it’s huge I mean it’s a really beautiful impressive piece of hardware but it may be too big for my tank (I hope not) but I can’t even set it up to find out. it’s so elaborate it’s very convoluted.

FDB07844-1AD6-4963-9D68-362579D3F417.jpeg

I got a service call into Coral view but who knows if they’ll ever call me back?

It was funny when I went to pick up the Box the shear weight (uh oh, lol!). This thing is built like a Sherman tank.

And I may be switching the tank over to a reef and getting a long maybe like a 30 gallon long or a 40 breeder for the plants.

I’m gonna try a couple different configurations as well I know this company makes another high end wave maker that you can run with one prop and you can also run this one vertically as well as horizontally so? We shall se.
CE7DDFFD-1A3E-49FC-84D9-5E77B1247C93.jpeg

I actually figured it out with both props on it it’s way too powerful so I’m gonna try pulling one of them off tomorrow see if that’s any better it’s a really really nice unit I’m really impressed with it nice big speed control nice big mosfet , whisper quiet if you didn’t feel it vibrate in which you can barely feel you wouldn’t even know it was on. Moves an obscene amount of water you could use this thing in a swimming pool.

The only suggestion I would make them is on the video on how to set it up in order to maybe put a little bit of people at ease about how complicated it is start with the easiest set up first.

because Set up presentation starts with the most Convoluted elaborate (Which is fine and welcomed however intimidating) and then gradually make their way down to the “user friendly 2 button” set up right at the end of the presentation.

Well really happy with this Gyre pump, It’s the only pump that operates forward and reverse which is a really big deal because when I was a kid I used to race radio control cars so I’m pretty familiar with Speed controls and that’s pretty tough to do quietly and get them to ramp up and ramp down smoothly with this does this thing makes zero sound I can’t emphasize that enough. In and out of the water. They make a wireless version now but I only paid 130 bucks for this so I’m gonna keep it. I got it firing in two different directions (forward and reverse ) because my tank is curved because it’s a bio cube which is basically creating like a whirl pool affect which is great for feedings it basically keeps the food directly in the center of the tank about midway down. The fish seem to like it there’s no appearance of stress the Buenos Aires tetra‘s fins particularly the red and the black has never been brighter and the Gourami the female the black has never been darker I have it on minute increments both up and down at running at only 10% max I put my hand in front of it it really just moves like a sheet of water.

This seems like a must for a reef tank and I’m converting this bio cube to a reef tank I want to do something cool with it and moving the plants over to like a 30-35 long or 40 breeder.

AADBDC94-6C74-4948-94C4-591173F7D95C.jpeg
74B92F4C-8362-4774-97E5-D7246FEB0CF5.jpeg
2481F420-4DD0-4643-863C-6A67E518DB52.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back