Does anyone make T5 strips

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
I have LED's over my biocube with stock hood but have massive shadowing. Thinking about adding a few t5 strips to the front and back of the hood to get rid of those shadows. Does anyone know if there's anything out there that would work?

I think you are looking for retrofit kits. Not sure how you'd go about adding them to a biocube stock hood though ... and I "think" the smallest size is 24"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just tried to find some but no luck. I did find some led strips that are water proof but don't know if they're worth it to get rid of the dark spots

You can use those water proof led tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't give you much par, (well, some do, depends on color combo), but will deal with the shadows.

Or go to 21ledusa.com and they have 12 inch reefbar. Cheaper and they work. Plus excellent customer service. I don't know them but I did buy a bunch of reefbars from them.
Just get the regular reefbar to eliminate shadow. If you get the reefbar pro, you may have too much light。

Or go to 21ledusa.com and they have 12 inch reefbar. Cheaper and they work. Plus excellent customer service. I don't know them but I did buy a bunch of reefbars from them.
Just get the regular reefbar to eliminate shadow. If you get the reefbar pro, you may have too much light。

Thanks Dong , that's what I was looking for

Dong, I was debating adding two of the reefbar pro to my current 4 bulb t5 over my 40b. Seeing as you mentioned you just purchased some do you believe they would be a good addition to the 4 bulb light rather than purchasing a 6 or 8 bulb fixture?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes. One 3 feet reef bar pro has more par than two 39w t5. So adding two reefbar pro is like adding 4 strips of t5.
The regular reefbar is close to one strip of t5.

Perfect. I appreciate the info. Would I be better off with a certain one over another for color combination? I could always change out my t5 to mix as well. Any specific thoughts on it? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

If you are using them to supplement shadow areas, I will suggest 2:1 blue:white

The plan would be to add more light in general. I would use two 36" pros and am not sure which color route to go. Either 1 full spectrum and one ultra actinic. Or a full and a 50/50. Thoughts?

I am going to order a bunch of reefbars and if anyone want to join in to get 10% discount, please let me know.

I'd like a 12 inch 2:1 with 3-4 foot power supply

They're basically a slim bodied aluminum heatsink with <1w leds. Slim and sleek,.decent power it seems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back