Don't be me

pugz508

BRS Member
Low splash bleach is not ment for dry rock.

With that being said, does anyone have experience with such or made a similar mistake?

Soaked for 1 day and immediate rinsed, dechlorinated and then performed an acid bath.

I’ve never encountered this product. Here is an ingredient list for a fragranced variety: https://www.whatsinproducts.com/typ...ed, Clean Linen-01/05/2015/p>/03-027-344

nothing seems exciting until betaine, coco and Cheryl Betaine which are detergent/surfactant.

Sodium chlorate is pretty nasty stuff. non selective herbicide. SODIUM CHLORATE decomposes upon heating forming O2; reacts with strong acids forming toxic and explosive ClO2;

sodium polyacrylate absorbs water to form a gel. It’s the stuff in diapers. Probably not toxic?

The xylenesulfonate is another surfactant, I think.

not a chemist.

ask randy Holmes Farley on r2r. He IS a chemist.

dont put it in a strong acid inside your house until you consult with a chemist.

I’ve never encountered this product. Here is an ingredient list for a fragranced variety: https://www.whatsinproducts.com/types/type_detail/1/16393/standard/p>Clorox Splash-Less Bleach, Concentrated, Clean Linen-01/05/2015/p>/03-027-344

nothing seems exciting until betaine, coco and Cheryl Betaine which are detergent/surfactant.

Sodium chlorate is pretty nasty stuff. non selective herbicide. SODIUM CHLORATE decomposes upon heating forming O2; reacts with strong acids forming toxic and explosive ClO2;

sodium polyacrylate absorbs water to form a gel. It’s the stuff in diapers. Probably not toxic?

The xylenesulfonate is another surfactant, I think.

not a chemist.

ask randy Holmes Farley on r2r. He IS a chemist.

dont put it in a strong acid inside your house until you consult with a chemist.
Thanks Chris

Liquid chlorine pool shock.

Switched to that when laundry bleach went to "concentrated" which added a bunch of surfactants and other things.

Liquid chlorine pool shock.

Switched to that when laundry bleach went to "concentrated" which added a bunch of surfactants and other things.
Dont surfactants get rinsed away? Why dont you use unconcentrated. Curious we wash socks in bleach. Could this harm reef tanks

Dont surfactants get rinsed away? Why dont you use unconcentrated. Curious we wash socks in bleach. Could this harm reef tanks
When I first ran into this issue, I was using bleach to regenerate Purigen. Rinsing after soaking in bleach resulted in lots of foam and left the Purigen smelling off. Unable to find regular bleach, I changed over to liquid chlorine.

Do the surfactants rinse out? Maybe. I would rather not risk adding some unknown chemical into the system.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back