Dosing

Budget_Reef

Non-member
Hey I am getting into dosing and was wondering how to set up and what to buy for my first dose ( preferably under 200)

For a 30 gal tank, if water changes can’t keep up, I’d manually dose either 2-part, Kalkwasser, or All for Reef.

How would I know how to dose all in reef if it contains all elements, my tank consumes them at different speeds so how will I tell when to do it?

What's all in reef
Just an all in one dose, contains alk cal mag in pre proportioned doses to how much the coral uses them, basically dose according to alk consumption and it levels the other two.

haven’t used it myself I personally use esv b ionic two part

Last edited:
# 1 is you will want test kits to check anything your dosing.

Its All For Reef from tropic marin. Only cost effective for nano.

But if you want just the 2 part combined there is Carb Calcium (Alk + Calk).
Its an alternative for Kalkwasser with out PH swing.
Comes in liquid or powder. Has no mag or trace elements like all for reef.

Then there DIY all for reef which is Carbo Calcium, Bio-Magnesium, plus trace elements.
Same stuff in the liquid all for reef.

I am actually trying the DIY all for reef now but with a lower mag mix and very little trace elements.
Started with just Carbo Calcium. Too early to make clear recommendation yet. But have been happy so far.

Heard a lot of anecdotal good things about all for reef. A single dosing liquid has some apeal.
There are a lot of 2 part options out there . I think if I had a smaller tank and didn't want to try all for reef.
I probably go with ESV. But that's not the only one. I sure you will get other recommendations.

See how much your tank consume of alk each day then decide how much to dose. If 1 week doesn't change much then water change should be fine.

I use ESV 2prt. This is what I did.

Test alk daily for a week, check ca every other day. Dose as needed daily. At the end of the week you should have your daily dose needed.

Mix water for wc. Test wc water. Dose as needed to match tank parameters. You should be able to maintain your number this way.

I use this http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html Got it from @Chris A.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back