Dr Tim’s one and only

absolutecarrot

Non-member
I want to buy some bacteria to start my tank. I was thinking of doctor Tim’s. Are there any other good products you know of.

I did a combo of dr Tim’s one and only and biospira. Was very happy with the speed of the cycle.

for my QT I always use biospira.

I just got a bottle of bio spira this week at petco. order online for pickup and its $5 cheaper than in store., less than amazon. they have curbside pickup. aesy peasy

Whn they come out the door just yell, stop right there, put it down, back up, I'll get it with my mechanical extended hand and place it in my bag. thank you.

This thread is worth the read.

I’ve used microbactor7, aquavitro seed & biospora before on several tanks. Have dr Tim’s on shelf fir next one lol

I ran a little over a week with some pellets, when i had good ammonia i added a bottle of spira... almost instant cycle. Solid since.
29 biocube

Whn they come out the door just yell, stop right there, put it down, back up, I'll get it with my mechanical extended hand and place it in my bag. thank you.
May be just yell “Freeze!, i am sending over my robot”

Curious though how do you know it's alive

Any rock in an established system is going to be "alive" and the surface covered with niitrifying bacteria. This is whats meant by live. This bacteria lives on surfaces in a established tank. And populates better on porus surface.

Any rock in an established system is going to be "alive" and the surface covered with niitrifying bacteria. This is whats meant by live. This bacteria lives on surfaces in a established tank. And populates better on porus surface.

thanks, I’m well aware of that. I Just think it’s funny that Frank doesn’t believe there is live bacteria in all these Dr. Tims/ Brightwell Aquatics products and such.

plus if you get live rock from someone you will have the chance of getting any pest they have in there tanks lol

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back