Epoxy Question

Doherty

Non-member
Quick question..... Is there any difference between the 2 part epoxy sticks you can find at Home Depot and the branded "hold fast" by instant ocean and other similar epoxy's that are marketed for aquarium use. I have always used the aquarium brands, but if safe the epoxy sticks found at HD are about half the price.

I'm looking to bond dry rock together before placing in the aquarium.

Thanks

Used tons of Jb water weld. Reef safe. As you know.... Turn your skimmer off. :D

...stupid auto correct

I don't need to turn my skimmer off. And I have had many different skimmers. I use a small ball with a dab of superglue on each side

I use jb water weld as well from autozone. Super cheap and holds the coral in place as soon as it sticks even if a crab hangs on it right away.

My method for gluing is I put a drop of super glue gel, then a ball of kneaded jb weld then another drop of gel on that then stick it where I want it and rotate. Advantage of the epoxy putty is you can stick it in the most uneven surfaces and u don't have to hold it there with the glue on your fingers.

I glued all my coral down with this method with zero negative results and most of them stay open even while I am glueing or within an hour after.

Thanks Everyone for your input, I used the last of my marine epoxy this am..... I'm gonna run to HD this afternoon and pick up some water weld.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back