Every coral I put in my tank dies

What kind of fish do you have in your tank? Next time you get a coral make sure you acclimate slowly and test the water salinity to match yours.

I was able to grow corals with my 3 black box lights. what lights are they? what intensity are the Chanels on? how long are they running? I ran my Viraspactras at 80%blue, 20%white. blues came on at 11:30 am, off at 8:00 pm, whites on at 2:00 pm, off at 6:30 pm (I wanted to see my tank for a few hours since I work early morning through after noon. I never did put a par meter to the lights but that seemed to be the magic number for me on my 125.

Lights are considered Full spectrum I looked back. I mean I know there cheap lights but 3 Kessils would probably be 2100$ I know I’ve seen people use the black box LEDs. I’ll try and get another temp probe tomorrow
also for the record 3 kessil 360we would be about $1100. I was looking at those as an upgrade on my black boxes. the kessils are said to be the easiest t use lights and that they are foolproof.

A couple people have mentioned that ICP test how do I go about doing that? I appreciate that I might take you up on that.
This is the kit super easy & results in like around a week.

I feel like there could copper or something like it leaching in the tank. +1 on the icp test.

I turned my light intensity down and things seem to be doing better than they were. I started dosing BRS two part because my kh dropped to 7 and ph to 7.4 now I notice my kh keeps coming back down to 7 but my ph is staying up around 8.2-8.4. My calcium had dropped to 380 I bumped that back up. Should I be more concerned with kh or ph?

Kh
Also get your calcium and magnesium in balance or you won’t be able to get anything stable

F9DD87FD-DCF7-496C-8ABE-9AF97D86F700.jpeg

Definitely have some algae going on in there. Quick update got my Magnesium test kit today. I was at 1050 ppm
8 kh
Calcium dropped to 380

trying to dose things back to spec but from what I read I can’t go more than 100ppm on the MG and no more than 50 on the calcium. Why does everything drop so quickly? Is this normal?

Also I’m going to rip through the gallon of MG mix I have. Just to go up 100ppm required 19 ounces

Try some real live rock to add some established bacteria.
I have Quite a bit of live rock. I have visible pods in my refugium.

9.5. 450 1450 .. imo

I was shooting for 9 420 1300. I’m going on the right direction now. Magnesium was up to 1170 calcium 400 kh 8 . I just dosed the tank again. The hammer I have is opening back. Pretty pumped about that

Every coral I put in dies off. I’m running 3 black box 165 watt led lights. Any guidance here? What can I change ?
Water parameters are .......

Cal. 400

Nitrate. <5

Phosphate. 0

Nitrite. 0

Ammonia. 0

Ph. 8.2

KH. 8

Salinity. 1.025

Temp. 80.4

Tank is 135 gallons, 55gallon sump, ATO with RODI water. Led on the sump with Chaeto in it. Protein skimmer is a little small for what I have. Phosban/ charcoal reactor
Your temperature is way too high 77-78

For anyone that’s been following I ordered a stand alone temp controller for my heaters. My calibration solution showed up today my refractometer is off by .004 so my salinity has actually been 1.021 this entire time. Think I may have found the problem

Back