Every coral I put in my tank dies

You can check your digital thermometers, put them in a glass of ice water and see if they are +/- 32, but unless you are going way over 80 that should not be your problem. Xenia is pretty bullet proof in my experience (I brought 2 squished heads home 6 hours in a jelly jar from my son's tank and I am now ready to start pruning.

RO water? have you tried a fresh box of salt?

+1 on icp test. Did you ever use copper in the tank? Is there any corroding metal, clamps or magnets?How long has the tank been running? You don't have to spend thousands to get adequate lighting.

Two of my LPS died last month. Everything seemed fine in my tank so I sent water off for an ICP test. Results came back that I was 700x over the recommended limit for Tin (yikes!) because I installed some float glass baffles in my sump... Point being I never would have figured that out without an ICP test.

Lights are considered Full spectrum I looked back. I mean I know there cheap lights but 3 Kessils would probably be 2100$ I know I’ve seen people use the black box LEDs. I’ll try and get another temp probe tomorrow

There are much better options for only 10-20% of the cost of Kessils, e.g. a used ATI fixture. That being said, I have no idea if the lights are the problem.

I think you should have someone come over and check out the system and provide some inputs. It's impossible to diagnose this cancer your tank has over the internet.

I think you should have someone come over and check out the system and provide some inputs. It's impossible to diagnose this cancer your tank has over the internet.

I messaged the guy from Acro Garden he sent me his number I’m gonna set something up and bring a water sample. See if his results are the same as mine.

I should clarify too that I’ve had tanks for at least 10 years I stepped away for a year and now I’m back. So when I say every coral I have tried im also talking in the past. I didn’t get any in this tank until like 2 weeks ago but the same thing that’s happening now was how it’s gone for me in the past.

IMO I would send out an icp test and see if there may be something we do not test for in the tank like aluminum, copper or something like that. 3 black boxes should be good enough light but at sand bed you may only have minimal PAR. all your #’s look good as stated above. ICP test would be a good place to start and work back from there.

How
I would never claim to be any kind of expert. But after you have your water sample checked. I live in Chelmsford and would be willing to stop by and take a look.

Dave

A couple people have mentioned that ICP test how do I go about doing that? I appreciate that I might take you up on that.

This the one I typically use

Not sure where ICP test is I would google or maybe one of those who mentioned will expand. I assume may be like triton labs which I have used in past.

I was referring to you going to see AG that you messaged for him to check basics.
Ofer stands if you want me to take a look.

Hi I just think your tank is not mature enough!!! Try to put some bacteria in there and wait little bit longer before u put any corals.... I struggling my self when I started and got no results... cause my tank was mature enough...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back