Feeding

Rafanho

Non-member
It may be a stupid question,but could not find a good answer anywhere..When feeding acans do I need to feed every mouth or they share nutrients?

Some heads are bigger than others because of maturity and/or space allowed. Almost all of the bigger heads are in the bigger while the smaller and baby ones are on the edges.
You don't have to feed each individual head. In fact, you don't ever need to spot feed it. Spot feeding is invented by human who's obsessed with growth and to make their corals look like they're on steroid. If your water parameter is good, they will thrive.
Skeleton of an Acanthastrea sp.
Capture.JPG

Some heads are bigger than others because of maturity and/or space allowed. Almost all of the bigger heads are in the bigger while the smaller and baby ones are on the edges.
You don't have to feed each individual head. In fact, you don't ever need to spot feed it. Spot feeding is invented by human who's obsessed with growth and makes their corals looks like it's on steroid. If your water parameters is good, they will thrive.
Skeleton of an Acanthastrea sp.
View attachment 140987
Thanks alot..nice interesting picture

Agreed on not needing spot feeding. While I still haven't relapsed on my acan obsession (yet) I used to sporadically spot feed them but now I'm feeding the tank a lot more and the LPS I have on the sand bed get plenty of loose food particles so I doubt I'd spot feed them if I relapse...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back