Filter roller in Waterbox sump .

reefstarter

Non-member
So I was thinking of getting a Klir 4 inch drop in . Now I may be behind on these things ( they came out just as I left the hobby) I’ve been seeing mixed reviews for these. Just watching videos I’m not sure I like how much the water level will change in sump . Now since I haven’t put water in tank yet I could cut out filter sock section and plumb in something else . I just would rather not have to do this because
1. It may make the sump louder
2. There’s no going back once it’s cut out .
What would you do ?

You have probably already made a decision on this since it was a while ago you posted this question but I recently had the same dilemma on a waterbox 70.3 sump. The first chamber of the sump is only 4.75 inches wide and the only filter roller that will fit is the klir 4 drop in.The reviews I read regarding the amount of waste getting through the klir convinced me to remove that first baffle and use a different filter roller. The baffle came out easily with a razor blade with the sump still running. I installed a bubble magus that I got on clearance as it was the earlier version and it has worked well for a month or so.Still on the first roll that came with the unit which is shorter than the replacement roll. HTH

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back