Finally got my Red Sea Reefer 450!

dcforester1

Finally enjoying my tank
I have been waiting and waiting, and finally its in. I was going to go with a 60 cube, but after having a 4' tank I couldn't make the switch, so this is my idea of downsizing. LOL It is a few gallons smaller, but a foot longer, so its up for debate if I went down, or up. I am leaving in the morning to head to the Dominican with some friends, so I will start my build when i get back. I will try to post some pics, but could never figure out how to do it on this site. I will try thru Tapatalk. If anyone is thinking of getting a new tank, you might want to look at these. This has to be one of the nicest tanks. The workmanship is unreal. has been a long road, but I couldn't be happier with it. I also would like to thank Greg from Underwater World for taking my endless calls, and making many calls on my behalf. I cannot wait to get it wet, and start adding coral. I also couldn't be happier with the light for it. A few minor issues with that as well, but all addressed immediately by Greg, and then ATI.

Stay tuned....

DerekView attachment 105339

Sorry for the Delays, I was down in the Dominican. I got the white 450, and went with the ATI 48" PowerModule. It has has the 8 T5s, and 3 75w LED banks. I want to borrow someones PC to program it. I didnt get the 60", I thought it might look to big. If you want to stop by and take a look call me. I am going to start with the plumbing tomorrow

Derek

Very cool. I keep throwing the idea of a 350. The 'boss' says do it, but my wallet is telling me be happy with what you have.

I will try to post some with my phone. I have tried to post pics here, and can never do it. Maybe next meeting can be a how to for us dummies who cannot.LOL I got some plumbing today and going to start laying things out tonight.

View attachment 105373

Last edited:
Use photobucket, upload the photo yo the photobucket share site. Login to photobucket site, navigate to the photo folder. Select the photo and copy the url link. You then paste the copied url link into the brs image properties.

Yup, can't wait to see this up and running. It's exactly what i'm after! Good luck with the new setup Derek, looking forward to the pics and updates!

Anyone who is thinking of getting a new tank should come by and see this. I am hoping I am not let down this thing is nice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432087528.244113.jpg

This is what I came up with. It's upside down. I have for return, carbon, GFO, and chiller. If I go back to a reactor I will have to figure something out.

good seeing you today buddy! Tank is awesome almost comparable to the Elos, Nick you should go by and check it out

good seeing you today buddy! Tank is awesome almost comparable to the Elos, Nick you should go by and check it out

Thanks Lee, it was great seeing you. i was wanting to show someone this tank. The guys in work don't "get it". Don't be a stranger. I am going to need help moving stuff. LOL. I would love to have Nick stop by, maybe bring some samples.

Derek

Nice drain manifold and I like the sump. Is that custom or part of the Reefer package?
Where's the display tank??

Part of the package. That's why I got this. The cost of the sump from LifeReef was going to be about what I paid for this whole setup, tank, stand, and sump. It also has a reservoir for ATO but I don't think I am going to use that.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432130652.448230.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back