Fingers Crossed

redpaulhus

Who's Paul ? :)
I dosed my reef with Flatworm eXit for the second time tonight... first time was many months ago (I used the normal dosing that time)... eventually they came back...

So tonight was the big guns... siphoned as much as possible into a HOT Magnum (with micron cartidge)... had to rinse out and restart a few times due to southdown getting sucked up with the worms...
Then I moved about 30 lbs of rock into a 20g round tub with about 10g of water, before each rock went into the tub it was shaken off in a bucket of freshwater.

The rocks with alot of shrooms, or polyps, and all of the corals, stayed in the main (40g) tank.

Rufugium was kept inline (except when the fluval canister feeding the 'fuge burned out and had to be replaced with a spare until I can replace the impeller... :eek: )

I dosed the main tank with approximately 2.5 times the normal dose (used a whole capful for about 35-40 total gallons water).
The tub of rock got about a tripple dose.

I let it run as long as I dared without the carbon (I think that was my problem last time, I didn't wait long enough... probably didn't wait long enough today either but I'm a wuss...)
Then I turned on a Aquaclear 500 stuffed with carbon (about 1.5 lbs I think).

I had pulled out a fair amount of water when I moved the first batch of rock (and working on the fluval for an hour) so I added about 15 gallons back to the tank.

Current plan is to mix up another 20g and do a water change tommorow or Sunday, including siphoning off any remaining live or dead worms... and maybe hitting the tank again in a week (but just treating the tank that time, not pulling everything apart again.)

I'm also using this as a chance to re-arrange the tank - I was afraid to buy much at MACNA because my old aquascaping didn't leave much room for new corals...

Anyone have any insights to add as far as Flatworm eXit ?
Suggestions ?

when i used it i doubled the dose and waited till i saw a bunch start to die then started running carbon.i syphoned out as many as i could,and make sure you blast them out of the cracks in the rock...

you must have a high organic level in your tank. If you lowered it with water changes etc the worms would disappear.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back