Finished with Kick-Ich - was it successful?

jackie

Non-member
Yesterday was the last dose, and for the 2nd morning in a row the clown (only one infected, but did lose a tang) showed no signs of spots. All corals and inverts are thriving....

Thank you so much to the "Iffer" family for going out of their way to help out . I owe you guys......;)

AND to everyone else who offered their suggestions and comments...:)

Last edited:
Glad to hear that.
not trying to make you worry or anything, but IME kick ich worked for me for like 3 days. I thought the ich was gone since there's no more spot of the fish but it comes back and haunt yah.

Jackie,

Do you know what is causing the Ich (other than the parasite)? In my opinion, Ich is usually the symptom of a (possibly hidden) problem, rather than the disease (metaphorically). If the Ich returns, and I hope it doesn't, would it be possible to remove the fish from the tank for quarantine for ~6 weeks?

Matt:cool:

this is me said:
Glad to hear that.
not trying to make you worry or anything, but IME kick ich worked for me for like 3 days. I thought the ich was gone since there's no more spot of the fish but it comes back and haunt yah.

Mihn,
It sounds like it's very important with this med (and with other meds too, whether they're for fish of for people) that you continue to medicate for the entire prescribed period, even if the symptoms disappear. Otherwise it just gives the infection a chance to recover and come back.

My experience has so far been very good with Kick-Ich, although I'm only half way through. My one fish that had ich (pretty bad) started improving after the first treatment, and has continued to improve every day. None of my other fish or invertebrates have been affected by the Ich or the treatment.

Nate

Been following along just set up quarantine yesterday. I am suspect of my blenny...
now to catch him ha ha ha

Well so far so good, still no signs of ich. I did a complete water change yesterday and started the skimmer. Matt, I think the ich was introduced into the tank by another clown I didn't QT before I put it into the tank, my stupid mistake. From what I've read ich is always present in your tank(?) and stressful conditions will create the problem. Time will tell.

etszoo, good luck with the blenny!

Nate, keep us posted, sounds like it's also working for you....

NateHanson said:
Mihn,
It sounds like it's very important with this med (and with other meds too, whether they're for fish of for people) that you continue to medicate for the entire prescribed period, even if the symptoms disappear. Otherwise it just gives the infection a chance to recover and come back.

My experience has so far been very good with Kick-Ich, although I'm only half way through. My one fish that had ich (pretty bad) started improving after the first treatment, and has continued to improve every day. None of my other fish or invertebrates have been affected by the Ich or the treatment.

Nate

I know what you're saying nate, but i've used the whole bottle and continue using it even when the fish seem to be spotless.
I finnaly got rid of ich a couple months ago when i borrowed Ron's(mantishunter) UV's sterilizer and ran it for 2 weeks straight(except when i'm feeding phyto). Thanks Ron!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back