Fish rescue

wilfx

Non-member
Is anyone interested in attending? There is a link on our forum for info. I just don't know how to get it onto this post.

Do you mean the one next month at Fort Wetherhill in Rhode Island? I go every year just to see what they catch.

It's definitely hit or miss. A lot of it depends on how warm the summer was and how many people have already been out there catching the stray fish. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were about 12 kids with nets, probably a summer class, but they had buckets and an aquarium. I heard them say they caught a puffer.

"If you...

want to see some fish you don't normally find around here
Want to dive without a 7mm wetsuit in New England
-----> Need fish for your own fishtank,
Want to help the Aquarium,
or just want to save the lives of some fish (they'd die when the water turns cold in the Fall)"

so theyll just let you take fish home if you want one for your tank?? Please clarify.

From what I've seen in the past, if you catch it, it's yours. If you're not interested in keeping it, there is a community tank, and usually the owner of Biomes gets first pick. Biomes is the local aquarium that caters to schools and birthday parties. After that, I don't know what happens. If you talk to the right people, maybe you can get a fish, but your best bet is to talk to the divers before they take them to the community tank. The kids on the beach usually get a lot of pipe fish in the big net, and I've seen them give those away. :)

I'll be down. The fam went last year and it was pretty cool. They had some fish at the end of the day they were trying to find homes for.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back