Fish suggestion

Rambler67

Non-member
So I'm looking for some suggestions on fish I'm looking to get a couple bigger fish just not sure what to get I really want an angel but being a prominently lps tank may not be the best idea. So a little tank info it's a 150 current inhabitants a pair of clowns, 6 line wrasp, yellow tang, and 3 blue chromes. A couple cleaner shrimps.

Get a triggerfish, the xanichtys (sp?) are reef safe; i've had a red tail, blue throat and currently have a niger. They don't bully and no one bullies them and are sociable and swim about.

Get a triggerfish, the xanichtys (sp?) are reef safe; i've had a red tail, blue throat and currently have a niger. They don't bully and no one bullies them and are sociable and swim about.

I actually never thought of a trigger just assumed they weren't reeg safe

Look at the Genicanthus angels. Those are planktivores and are typically reef safe.

They're not invert safe, (ie those cleaner shrimps will become a snack), but my understanding is that they don't typically eat corals.

Hi, Jason. I've had xanichtys trigger fish for five years now and never lost a shrimp or any invert to them. They are predominantly algavores.

Someone had a magnificent foxface rabbit fish on the forums. I have a one spot foxface and love it. Magnificent have nicer coloration.

Hi, Jason. I've had xanichtys trigger fish for five years now and never lost a shrimp or any invert to them. They are predominantly algavores.
I think this is one of those fish where your mileage may vary. Check the following video at 24:00, for a story of a trigger eating 12 cleaner shrimp :oops:

I think this is one of those fish where your mileage may vary. Check the following video at 24:00, for a story of a trigger eating 12 cleaner shrimp :oops:

That would be the risk every fish is different it may or may not bother them. I like the idea of fish you dont normally see in a reef tank.

I have had a red tail trigger for 8 months, beautiful fish and so far no loss of any inverts, he sleeps in the same den as my fire shrimp and they can be seen on him often. I am also running an LPS tank, hammers, frogspawn and a torch with no issues yet.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back