Flatworms (a one sided observation)

One Eye

former vp of pr
This is just a little something I have observed in my tank...It is obviously a limited observation, but an observation none the less.

I fed cyclopeeze....flatworms were out of control. I stopped feeding cyclopeeze and the fw population went way down. I began feeding cyclopeeze again and the population skyrocketed again. I haven't fed cyclopeeze for almost 2 months and the fw's are almost completely gone.

No, I am not dogging cyclopeeze because I feel the name is derogitory to people with visual handicaps. :D

One Eye said:
No, I am not dogging cyclopeeze because I feel the name is derogitory to people with visual handicaps.

Heheheh you're a hoot.
Interesting observation. Anyone else notice a relationship to their flatworm population w/ Cyclopeeze.

Several months ago, I had a half dozen flatworms on my tank glass at night. They actually disappeared after I began regular feeding of cyclopeeze. I doubt that their disappearance was related, however.

My fish seem to do a better job at eating the cyclopeeze than other frozen foods, which seem to fragment more in the water. Could you be overfeeding?

Kent

Cyclopeeze is very concentrated, maybe you were feeding too much?
IME I only feed it about 3x a week and only a very small portion(about the size of an eraser head) of it mixed with other food. No algae or flatworm explosions, although I don't have the red flatworms I do have the whitish ones in my fuge.

Maybe the flatworms are eating the cyclopeeze. It would be similar to feeding aitaspia.

Last edited:
Darren...you frikin kill me!

I feed cyclopeeze but sparingly. I use it to suppliment other foods 3 X a week and use just about the size of a pencil eraser too. A little goes a long way. When I first started feeding with it, I was overdoing it. I had a cyano bloom as a result. Now I "do it right" and have had no problems. My acro's LOVE the stuff. They send more thread when I feed cyclopeeze than anything else I put in the tank.

Being as small in particlulate matter as it is, I would imagine the cyclopeeze can and does get lost in LR, sand, and other areas and would quickly create water quality problems (like mine did) and therefore blooms of unwanted critters if it is overdone.

David

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back