For those of you with aggressive eaters, check this out

mvallee

Non-member
I was looking for a solution to deal with my Red tailed triggers aggressive eating. I had to overfeed the tank to try to get food past him so I bought an Aqua Gadget Gourmet Defroster Frozen food feeder. I have used it for 3 days now and think this will solve the problem. When I would feed flakes he would sit right there in the flow gobbling up everything including my fingers if I was not paying attention, Frozen he would chase down all the food, especially bigger pieces so I had to feed two areas at the same time.
This gadget disperses slower and into the currents so everyone get some, he still gets more than his fair share but I think 2 cubes a day in this device will be enough for the tank instead of 4 which will help with nutrient control. Don't mind the dirty glass ;)

Here it is in action

I also had to get one of these because that same fish would pull out any nori sheets I put in the clips and it would either end up stuck to the power heads or down the overflow.
there is more waste with this than clips due to algae that gets left uneaten behind the grids but in my case at least, everyone gets some now and keeps them busy for an hour or so.

grazer.PNG

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back