Frag Racks?

Zach77

BRS Member
Just curious if anyone recommends certain frag racks over others? I have recently setup a 50g lowboy frag tank and used the IM triple level rack. The problem is the holes seem too large to hold the frags steady and the stand itself gets pushed around by the flow. I know I can go to egg crate, but was hoping for a more finished look. Thanks!

I can give recommendations on a few which not to use.

Icecap frag rack - Has a thin fabric on magnets that catch sand and grit. One of my tanks got a medium-sized scratch because of this design.

Eshops frag racks - Magnets are not sealed well and rust over time.

IM Snappgrid - These float and need to be weighted down.

I think they’re at a stand still on production. Saw a few people complaining about them not getting there orders.

@Mrreefs coral has some pretty decent racks also. pretty reasonable. I think he also will do custom racks to order too

I thought Boston Aqua Farms was developing a new magnetic frag rack. I bought an older "defective" model at FFM that was one of their early prototypes (at least that's what I thought they said can't remember 100%) and I thought they mentioned they'd have the new rack for sale soon...

I think they’re at a stand still on production. Saw a few people complaining about them not getting there orders.
Thanks. He responded they are in stock and shipping, so I ordered a few of them. Hopefully I won’t have any issues!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back