Frag swap

sciknen

$20.00 PEOPLE, COME ON.
Ive been looking at my tank and I have a ton of frags to get rid of. Was wondering if anyone was interested in getting a Frag swap together?
We could do it at someone's place and throw them a few bucks a tank or table. Or get a place to have it.

I figure charge 5 to get it or something to cover the cost.

I know I have about 5 or 6 tables we could use. People could sell colonies as well if they wanted.

Id like to keep it north of the city metro Boston .

What do you guys think?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The next meeting is in Andover. Why not just arrange to trade corals at the meeting (swap instead of sell)?

Just a thought...

I was thinking of something bigger with people setting up a tank. Like an event
And I have had zero luck selling anything or trading anything so I figured if people saw big a** frags for cheap money they would have to buy them lol.

Anyone interested in this at all?

When I by metro north j meant like Medford area. But I will hopefully be going to the meeting.

We make every effort to move the meetings around, and frag swaps are always welcome at any meeting....it was what the BRS was founded for :)

I guess I'd suggest putting your large frags in the FS forums, with pictures....or start a frag swap thread in reef talk for the meeting.

As an FYI, the October meeting is south (bridgewater) and the November one is west (Southborough).

Southborough is just not that far from Boston on a weekend.

To be honest I didn't think the BRS would be against a completely separate thing.

Nothing to do with the BRS. Just a frag swap.

Nobody is interested?

Sent from my PC361r00 using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is against anything, they are just saying "why not just do it at a meeting?"

Is love to setup a tank at a meeting. Didn't thinner I was allowed

So you're suggesting a "frag farmer's market" kind of thing, right?

I don't see why that couldn't be planned into a meeting in the future. Maybe a "garage sale" and "Farmer's market" combined sort of thing? (IMO the "garage sale" meeting last yr was very cool, lots' of mingling and getting to know one another :) )
Otherwise, yea, put it together if people are interested.

So you're suggesting a "frag farmer's market" kind of thing, right?

I don't see why that couldn't be planned into a meeting in the future. Maybe a "garage sale" and "Farmer's market" combined sort of thing? (IMO the "garage sale" meeting last yr was very cool, lots' of mingling and getting to know one another :) )
Otherwise, yea, put it together if people are interested.

We had a frag farmer type meeting together with the Maine club last year. It was POORLY attended, so we didn't think it was a good do-over.

The garage sale may end up happening again....

So.... yes looking for a farmers market thing i guess. It would be sweet if it could be integrated into a meeting much easier for me. If not ill start looking for a place... if anyone has any thought or recommendations, pm me or post here.

Perhaps the leadership can swap out a planned meeting for a big frag swap. Personally, I'm not on the look for any specific corals right now but I went if I went to a frag swap I would not walk out empty handed. I doubt most of us would.

That's what I'm saying. I like to look at someone's tank and pic what I want not looking at pictures online.

Kinda off topic. Is there going to be a BRASS conference? If not why not have a big frag market like they do out west. I'm sure some of our sponsors would set up frag,livestock, tanks. Plus with local hobbyists setting up tanks. It would be awesome.

Was the turnout well last yr at the conference?
If we do enough FREE marketing I think we could get a great turnout. Posting on other forums. Signs in our sponsors windows or have them pass out flyers.

We had a frag farmer type meeting together with the Maine club last year. It was POORLY attended, so we didn't think it was a good do-over.

The garage sale may end up happening again....

Oddly, the same frag swap in the previous year (2008) was a huge success. I sold out (50 frags) in around 2 hrs. and there were lines 5 - 10 people deep in front of each tank. The hall was packed! I went home with $500+ cash! Also sold pumps, 20g long acrylic tanks, clownfish pair..

I'm not sure why last years had much less turnout as the 2008 event... I remember it was really crappy weather last year - rain...

I would opt to have the Portsmouth event again. It's a great venue and more or less central for attendees from MA, ME, NH. I know folks who came down to sell from Augusta area and to shop from Bangor area which is around 3 hr. drive.

I was hoping this would be an annual Fall event.

Last edited:
Yea i can see it being hit or miss so a bit of luck would be needed. I'm getting close to finishing my tank upgrades and would be interested in getting frags pretty soon

Any chances the BRS might be up to replacing a meeting with a swap this fall? Maybe not even replacing. Integrating.

Oddly, the same frag swap in the previous year (2008) was a huge success. I sold out (50 frags) in around 2 hrs. and there were lines 5 - 10 people deep in front of each tank. The hall was packed! I went home with $500+ cash! Also sold pumps, 20g long acrylic tanks, clownfish pair..

I'm not sure why last years had much less turnout as the 2008 event... I remember it was really crappy weather last year - rain...

I would opt to have the Portsmouth event again. It's a great venue and more or less central for attendees from MA, ME, NH. I know folks who came down to sell from Augusta area and to shop from Bangor area which is around 3 hr. drive.

I was hoping this would be an annual Fall event.

I agree that 08 was very busy, I think I bought a frag from you :), and 09 was a dud. Not sure why but I vote to give it another chance.

Why hold it out of state. CTARS and Manhattan Reefers are very successful with their frag swaps and also attract top local and national vendors. Why can't BRS? Very very easy for the leadership to give it a thumbs down because of last years experience. Much more of a challenge figure out how to make it successful

Didn't the brass conference work out amazing? But we are not going to do that again.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back