Frag swap

I know. Just wondering why the BRS is cancelling events that had great turnouts this past yr or two.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Any chances the BRS might be up to replacing a meeting with a swap this fall? Maybe not even replacing. Integrating.

I agree that 08 was very busy, I think I bought a frag from you :), and 09 was a dud. Not sure why but I vote to give it another chance.

Why hold it out of state. CTARS and Manhattan Reefers are very successful with their frag swaps and also attract top local and national vendors. Why can't BRS? Very very easy for the leadership to give it a thumbs down because of last years experience. Much more of a challenge figure out how to make it successful

Didn't the brass conference work out amazing? But we are not going to do that again.

Guys, this all belongs in BRS business.

Well I started this to get a frag swap out of the club.

I think he was referring to the BRASS discussion

I think it would be good to have a frag farmer/swap whatever at the meeting. Really I see no downside to it. It cost nothing and adds an additional dynamic to a regular meeting.
That was the problem wit the last frag swap event nothing to draw anyone on top of the swap. Is it a draw to go to a meeting thinking well maybe I will something I like.
Or I think I will go see the LED presentation and maybe I will see something I like. We know reefers are drawn to the impulse buy.

But that aspect of a frag farmer/swap event is probably best discussed in the Business forum

Last edited:
Definitely better in the biz forum if we were to hold it at a meeting.

I'm all for this. I had a great time at the Connecticut Frag Farmers Market, I even threw a 10 gal together last minute, sold a few things traded a few things, and bought a few things, as well as meeting great people. I traded Purple Hornets and cash for a brand new MP40, and also went home with a Captain America and a few other things! All in all, it was a lot of fun just to go set up a temporary tank and display some stuff, and check out others.
I'd like to say I broke even, but after the MP40W, I went home with an empty wallet and barely enough gas.

We are going to have a frag swap at the October meeting.....the 'official' annoucement will be coming shortly, but if you want to bring a tank to Bridgewater, start your planning process. :D

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back