Fragastic Elegance Coral not looking great?

+1. Use a low Alkalinity salt such as instant ocean purple bucket. Mix it overnight, as newly mix IO salt shows alk at 10 to 11 before it is fully mixed.
All sea salt are blends of raw chemicals, (those claim natural sea salt are misleading, you can not reconstitute dry sea salt), it takes some time to fully mixed, normally at least an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coral is open just not as brilliant as it was in the DT when I purchased. I think it is expanding more and more each day. I am sure my other corals I purchased that day are more open now too - a torch and a hammer head.

Going in the right direction.

thx
Neptune

The coral is open just not as brilliant as it was in the DT when I purchased. I think it is expanding more and more each day. I am sure my other corals I purchased that day are more open now too - a torch and a hammer head.

Going in the right direction.

thx
Neptune
Corals go through stress from acclimating also, sometimes they will loose a little color or be dull because they've shed off a little zooxanthealle and they just need stability to bring them back too 100%. I also would reach out to the seller and see what they keep their tanks at and see if yours is much farther off. Also also, feeding aminos and carbohydrates can help in certain situations but only if all your other parameters are stable and within the accepted ranges. Good luck and post some updated picts! :)

tank depth and how high above water is the fixture. here is my current program 4’ x 2’ x 2’ 120g tank light is 12” above the water.
a0d997137c16e3b4a28363c912168cb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I love this chart tbh I wish I had it when I was using the reef breeders on my 90 wayyy back.

tank depth and how high above water is the fixture. here is my current program 4’ x 2’ x 2’ 120g tank light is 12” above the water.
a0d997137c16e3b4a28363c912168cb0.jpg

I love this chart tbh I wish I had it when I was using the reef breeders on my 90 wayyy back.

it has been great to experiment with as you can see the program trend

I know one guy was dosing sugar water and milk. People also try orange juice.

Like Sam said, feeding carbohydrates.

oh give them some cracked too

I think someone would have tried that too.

Last edited:
A guy told me he dosed Testosterone in his reef tank, I said that was nuts(Pun intended). He crashed his tank later on, might or might not be related...

That article about amino acids coming from corals hunting was enough to start my phyto culture. Putting about an oz a day in my 180 has made huge difference.

A guy told me he dosed Testosterone in his reef tank, I said that was nuts(Pun intended). He crashed his tank later on, might or might not be related...

[emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back