FS Free Pulsing Xenia

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Need to trim down Pompom pulsing xenia again.
Free loose xenia available, a lot of them.
Some attach to small rock rubbles, but all can be glued down to frag plugs or rock.
Please contact 978-505-8232 to schedule an appointment,
I am located in Concord MA 01742 right off Rte2.
1635892967121.jpeg

Thanks for all who drop by to pickup the free xenia.
I received some questions regarding the care of xenia so I think it is a good idea to post my answers here:

1. Xenia does require good lighting that suitable for keeping coral. Xenia is mostly depending on photosynthesis.

2. Xenia does not do well if it is kept in a bag for a long time. That is why it seldom ship well overnight.

3. Xenia does need good flow with oxygen rich water.

4. Xenia will shiver up for hours after put into a new home. It will start to open up after it adjusts to its new home.

5.The first thing to check if xenia is not doing well in your tank, is salinity. If you calibrate your refractormeter with distilled water or RODI, there is a big chance that your salinity is lower than the meter showed.

6. It is free and it is aquacultured, so if it does not do well in your tank, please don’t feel bad about it.

Thanks for all who drop by to pickup the free xenia.
I received some questions regarding the care of xenia so I think it is a good idea to post my answers here:

1. Xenia does require good lighting that suitable for keeping coral. Xenia is mostly depending on photosynthesis.

2. Xenia does not do well if it is kept in a bag for a long time. That is why it seldom ship well overnight.

3. Xenia does need good flow with oxygen rich water.

4. Xenia will shiver up for hours after put into a new home. It will start to open up after it adjusts to its new home.

5.The first thing to check if xenia is not doing well in your tank, is salinity. If you calibrate your refractormeter with distilled water or RODI, there is a big chance that your salinity is lower than the meter showed.

6. It is free and it is aquacultured, so if it does not do well in your tank, please don’t feel bad about it.
HUGE THANKS for #5 above!! I had some Xenia and GSP in my newish biocube to test the waters (so to speak). We’re doing ok, but then not all of a sudden. Attributed it to me messing around with the pH using Marine Buffer. Lesson learned. The GSP has mostly recovered after a few large water changes, but not the Xenia. Maybe the pH swings are what did it in. But I came across the above, got some refractometer solution, and indeed my refractometer was reading considerably high. Was reading 30ppt when it was actually 25. Again, maybe not the reason the Xenia aren’t recovering (we’ll see after I bring salinity up over a few water changes), but opened my eyes to one of the fundamental parameters being considerably off what I thought it was, and never would have known better.

if you need xenia, I have a lot, free.
Xenia is difficult to recover after a stressful event. pH jump will trigger it.

if you need xenia, I have a lot, free.
Xenia is difficult to recover after a stressful event. pH jump will trigger it.
Good to know it probably won't recover regardless. And thanks for the offer! Will hit you up in a week or two when able to get over there, would also like to grab another softie or easy LPS. This tank will be primarily FOWLR, but the bug has bitten me again and I'm actively researching getting another that will eventually be SPS dominant.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back