Reef Deal Free salt

Thanks. I needed a new UV bulb anyway. Appreciate the heads up. Looks like a new trial of their own reef salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using it for the past 8 months in my new setup and haven't had any issues with it. I found that it doesn't leave as much residue in my mixing barrel as the the IO Reef Crystals did. I wouldn't say it is better or worse. It works and I buy it when its on sale.

I've been using it for the past 8 months in my new setup and haven't had any issues with it. I found that it doesn't leave as much residue in my mixing barrel as the the IO Reef Crystals did. I wouldn't say it is better or worse. It works and I buy it when its on sale.
Good to know thanks chief. I'm currently using I/O Reef crystals and was debating on changing to Fritz or other reef salts but very confusing topic LOL

Good to know thanks chief. I'm currently using I/O Reef crystals and was debating on changing to Fritz or other reef salts but very confusing topic LOL

I just find that it matches the parameters I like to run and it's not crazy expensive. I'd say it can't be that bad if that's what they use for their livestock.

I am also using Liveaquaria salt along with other salt, so far there is no negative I found.
Its parameters are pretty accurate as advertised.
Basically most of the salt on the market except that salt in purple buckets, are pretty good. All about cost.

Liveaquaria salt dissolves faster than IO, but if you are not in a hurry for water change, both are Ok.

Liveaquaria salt dissolves faster than IO, but if you are not in a hurry for water change, both are Ok.

Well noted, thanks @dz6t. I just hate having to clean the sludge left behind on the tanks everytime i make a batch of salt.

Most part of the film is anti caking reagents and bacteria growth. They are basically harmless, just annoying.

I have been noticing a film in my mixing tank also using IO-RC. If I don't use the water in a few days after mixing. So I'm in the market for new salt.

Don't get me wrong the salt has been good for me but i just hate the added time to clean the tank. I'd rather use that time on the DT or something. LOL

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back