Frogspawn dying? Now war coral

Dp11

Non-member
7B43DCE0-A15C-46D5-B0D1-5620FAB7F993.jpeg
2 days ago my frogspawn was the size of a softball and doing great then all of a sudden about 7 heads were gone, any thoughts why?
59B59E15-9C12-4645-BC80-A329B8BF2034.jpeg

Added any new fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much alk changed?

I saw a Hollywood stunner chalice near it, the chalice could damage the frogspawn via sweeping tentacles at night.

Just tested and alk was between 120 - 180 closer to 180.
Ph about 7.8 and ammonia 0.25

This is it this morning, also the Hollywood stunner chalice is about 8 inches away
9A14DF46-6751-498D-9076-88E4E0AC66D7.jpeg

Did you use aptasia x near it ? I used some above my torch and a little fell on it and the next day that’s what it looked like just a thought.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never used aptasia x
As for ammonia my Hollywood stunner was stinging my war Corel and part of it is dying I was wondering if that had anything to do with it?
It does look like brown jelly (I never heard of that before) should I pull the whole frogspawn out befor it spreads?

I’ve never had it but they say it’s contagious if it lands on other lps. Research it before you decide

had brown jelly before nearly killed all my frogspawn, only 2 heads survived. now its back to football size again. I did take out of the display tank and keep the jelly off, not sure it helped but not all the frogspawn died. hammer did not die off as much and recovered quickly

Well I took out the frogspawn over the weekend it was all but completely gone, I tried to get it out without spreading anything and apparently was not successful now my war coral is covered
Any thought on if I just suck the brown jelly off ?
Will this spread to everything in the tank?
Any ideas why this started?

Attack of the mushrooms? Not sure about mushrooms versus lps but I use to have a rock with purple mushrooms that dominated every other coral, palys/zoas, slimer, monti cap, birdsnest... they all lost.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back