Getting frustrated...

My clowns were digging when I had my 55 setup, bugging the crap out of me, when I got a BTA I put it about 10 inches off the sand, the clowns found it within a few minutes (gold striped maroons) and no more digging :). The clowns didn't dig after they were transfered into the 92g, the rose BTA they are currently hosting in is about 15 inches off the sand. So long story short, I haven't had a problem with my clowns digging since I got them an anemone and placed it up high...

Scuba_Dave said:
Digging is genetics. Sometimes you'll get lucky & if it high enough they won't dig, or you may get a lazy clown ;)
Perhaps it would be possible to demoralize your digging clownfish?

You know, put the sand back every night, and put up little slogans like: "its not worth it", "why bother", or "it will all be back in the morning". It would be like living in a Greek Myth. Somehow, I suspect, I would become demoralized and give up long before the clowns:rolleyes:

Matt:cool:

Too funny. How about if we tape pictures to the tank of what will happen if they keep digging? HAHA

Next year, you'll be you're lucky number:) My lucky number is 3. So what does this have to do with 27? 3^3 (three cubed) is 27. Wierd.

Matt:cool:

Back