Getting mad at my tank

I just cant keep sps they are bleaching after a week my alk is 9 to 9.5 n03 is around 10 p04 is zero per Hanna meter but think its higher with turf algae in my tank I run a ats and have a huge growing my light were at 60 blues and 16 white I just don't know what to do anymore thank is 5 years old

Try reducing your light intensity. Map out your par levels. I just roasted a bunch of sps when my nutrients dropped from me being away and my light was too much for the corals

What SPS have you tried and failed? What corals do you have in the tank now that are doing well?

Doing well
Reefraft pink caddy
Tsa limeade
Sc op
Vivid rainbow delight
Garf bonsai
Purple Goni
Reefgen green Goni
Squamosa clam

The ones that have failed has always been my fault for one reason or other. Lack of time or changing to much in the tank at once/to often. Daughter dropping toys in it and frags falling on eachother. There’s a few pieces that just died out of the blue for no apparent reason.

I have pipe organ mushrooms so as blue ridge purple plate sponge miami hurt chalice upscale that has been good stylo gorgs 2 types I have tried about 70 diff type of sps their was a time they were doing good and out of nowhere they would bleach or rtn I have a green cap a red cap forest fire and how the coral and their are not rtn or stn but fading away

GAC is good at keeping water clarity which makes par better and also removes toxins and heavy metals. Sps love it lol

So I dropped the lights to 10 white and 45 blues and they are still bleaching idk what 2 do i test alk with seachem and it comes up 9.5 my green cap 2 is fading and forest fire

Attachments

• 20190101_135344.jpg
    20190101_135344.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 171
What was your expectation of bringing a bleached coral back to life?

I've rescued bleached brain corals from the LFS and it took weeks if not months to nurture it back to decent condition.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back