GFI circuit tripping at same time

Reefer508

BRS Member
I use an Apex classic to run two tanks. Each is on its own 20 AMP GFI circuit. One has the brain, display, PM2, and 2X EB8s. That one has no problem. The other has an EB8 and PM1. They are connected with a Aquabus cable. I also have a few other odds and ends plugged into that circuit. That is the one having a problem. Every night at 1:50 AM it is tripping the breaker. I unplugged all the "odds and ends" , still tripping. I turned off all outlets on the EB8 except the return pump, skimmer pump and doser. Still tripping. I am turning off the doser and skimmer tonight. I was thinking it was my light, 3 month old 48" Reef Breeder or my year old Jebao DP4 as they have internal timers. The AMP log shows a spike of 85. My question is could this be a bad EB8? Should I physically unplug each component? The light is plugged into one of the relay outlets. I was thinking of just trying a power strip with just the return. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just tripped again. I unplugged the doser from EB8. I'm gonna leave light and skimmer running.

Should have said a bad circuit. Having an electrician in to check it out. All gear is working fine on an other circuit with no overloads, so leaving that breaker off till he gets here.

So after having it checked out, there was just a ground wire that came loose. Don't know why it kept tripping at same time :confused: but all good now.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back