Giesemann Spectra questions

MH and T5s has some burn in time requirement to get to their full power and spectrum. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's 100hrs. So if you run your light 8 hours a day, it'll take about 2 weeks.
I personally haven't had to acclimate anything due to my change of lighting. If you're worry, I would just hang it a couple inches higher than you'd like and drop it from there.
Again, I seriously think just the Radiums will do the job for the 180 and the T5s are not needed or just supplementing more blue/actinic for the color glow.

Ok that works. The t5 I'm doing for the color. Like you and others have said radiums will be more than enough.

And no more bickering on my post. I don't want it closed and I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get the light. Maybe we should get a BRS boxing match going on

I believe t5 need 50 hours for break in. If you want to break in the t5 quickly before adding the fixture to the tank run the t5’s non stop for the 50 hours viola Pretty sure MH is only a few cycles

good idea leaving it off the tank and just keeping them on. this isnt a dimmable t5 fixture so i didnt know if they still need a break in

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back