Giesemann Spectra questions

In terms of the reflectors inside the Spectra, they are not optimized for single ended bulbs in order to keep the fixture “slim” enough for a good look.

Last edited:
When speaking of reflectors, the t5 section does not have individual reflector for each bulb, again it is for the look of the fixture.
That why this light fixture is designed for a fashion statement/art instead of performance.
For metal halide, the three important factors for performance are:
Reflectors (not optimal)
Ballast (not included)
Bulbs (sold separately)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When speaking of reflectors, the t5 section does not have individual reflector for each bulb, again it is for the look of the fixture.

You're *language* unbelievable Dong! Don't knock on what you don't have and never had experience with the product.
Individual reflectors are long in the history of high quality fixture.
Giesemann Spectra fixture (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop it.
I have this fixture! You don't!
I don't know why you're trying to prove yourself wrong. Don't embarrass yourself any further.

MH is the best in the market. I've had all big brand lights over my system. Diff cup of tea for diff people. Id pay big bucks to not have a canopy or reflectors sitting in my house. you pay for what you get. Giesemann is super clean.

It could have cost 3000 and I'd still buy it. I also bought a 300 dollar kessil for my fuge. I don't care how much money something is. I work hard and save my pennies for equipment that is proven and works

It could have cost 3000 and I'd still buy it. I also bought a 300 dollar kessil for my fuge. I don't care how much money something is. I work hard and save my pennies for equipment that is proven and works

I don't know what this is in reference to. I'd like to state to those who might be reading this thread that a quality MH or t5 lighting system does NOT need to cost 3k.

@this is me this you seem upset over a light. I'm not sure it's @dz6t who should be embarrassed. People should be able to disagree and be civil.

Were I still in charge of this forum I'd lock this thread

Why you have to tagged me. Lol
I've already stopped reading this thread. If you're happy with your rats nest or whatever, good for you. I for one, actually like my stuff to be neat and good looking and perform.

I don't know what this is in reference to. I'd like to state to those who might be reading this thread that a quality MH or t5 lighting system does NOT need to cost 3k.

@this is me this you seem upset over a light. I'm not sure it's @dz6t who should be embarrassed. People should be able to disagree and be civil.

Were I still in charge of this forum I'd lock this thread

I'm not saying it did cost 3000 I'm saying if any light cost 3000 and it was worth it and proven I'd buy it. The light I got was 1500 then ballast and bulbs.

MH and T5s has some burn in time requirement to get to their full power and spectrum. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's 100hrs. So if you run your light 8 hours a day, it'll take about 2 weeks.
I personally haven't had to acclimate anything due to my change of lighting. If you're worry, I would just hang it a couple inches higher than you'd like and drop it from there.
Again, I seriously think just the Radiums will do the job for the 180 and the T5s are not needed or just supplementing more blue/actinic for the color glow.

Personally I like to see the
If you're happy with your rats nest or whatever, good for you. I for one, actually like my stuff to be neat and good looking and perform.

Are you saying Dong was correct and the reason to buy this fixture is Aesthetics?

Geeze, to each their own. To one paying extra for nice aesthetics is a waste, to another it's a value.

Personally I usually can't make up my mind and end up with some strange compromise. Kudos to each who is clear on their priorities. *In my line of work we call this a "positive re-frame"

Back