Give up on forest fire

I feel ya, all my acros are fine and are growing good but that’s the one coral that won’t take in my system.

No sir! I’ve tried two frags, multiple placements, different flow and light.

No matter what I do they last about 1-2 months and slowly wither away. Their good for the first week and just downhill from that.

What are you using for light if you don't mind me asking? I didn't have luck under LED, but MH w/ T5 I did. It was one of those corals that didn't seem to like LED no matter what, for myself anyways.

Maybe that’s the issue, I’m using a hydra 26. They were good for a week then both frags went south.

I have the same problem. They seem to do better in low light and low flow. I have ReefBreeder LEDs. and my alk is 8.3

So weird, because that is one of the corals that does well in my tank, growing way better than all my acros. My forest fire did show a lot of improvement when I started feeding the tank more. I agree that they do well in the lower flow areas.

Guys here's a helpful POV, my tank is a 220 and I have higher than normal algae growth and I have a few acros that are doing well but I also have a thriving colony of FF Digi I bought from Dong a while back. It's been in both high and low flow areas of my tank due to me being unable where to keep it and it seems to enjoy both oddly enough. Maybe your water could be too clean? I'm one of those weirdoes though. Also I do plan on reducing the levels of elements that are causing the algae growth so that'll be interesting to see how it does. My lighting is 3 250watt radium's on for 8ish hours a day, also its a bare bottom, with skimmer and sometimes a filter sock and carbon bags.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back