GlassCages.com??

SMS76

Non-member
Did anybody order tanks from these guys? Their prices are very reasonable and they are coming to MACNA so there won't be any delivery fee. I am thinking about getting 115G tank from them.

Here r the dimentions: 115 Gal. 48 x 18 x 31

I do have 75G setup so i am hoping to replace 75G tank with this one. What do you think? Does it look weird? Is 31" height too much? I have mix SPS/LPS/Softie setup with dual 250 MH.

115AqStdCnpy.jpg

They use different type of glass then AGA. If you have their tank, any feedback on the tank, glass etc...?
Thanks
Shoeib

I've got a 120. Nice price, Ask for exactly what you want with holes and such. The overflows are glass with no teeth. The silicne is a tad sloppy in places, but overall the tank is great for me. Very solid. The stands we saw looked nice too

Cindy,
Thanks for reply. How do you like their glass? What size of holes did you go with? What do you recommend? Did you ask for addtional holes for closed loop?

I didn't really know what I was doing as it was my first tank (last march or something), and I just asked for a 1.5 inch line and a 1 inch line. The holes are drilled larger to fit the fittings. In retrospect I would have gotten more for a 120, but we're just going to send an extra return over the back if we need to. The owner of glasscages just doesn't know much about reefing(he doesn't claim to), and it was my mistake to ask what he recomended without doing my own research.

The glass we got is not the low iron, that was not available yet, but it looks fine to me.

I don't think they will have time to make anything in time for macna because the silicone has to dry.

the tank size sounds good for a fowler tank 31 tall but not for a reef tank
48x24x18 now that would be a nice size for a reef tank if they make custom sizes taking 6 inchs off a 120 would be great.
reef tank that tall and you are going to need 400mh

the 24 ft width on the 120 is very nice for aquascaping mine is set up as a room divider so 3 sides are visable and the 24x24 front gives a nice cube effect. Are you trying to fit a tank to the 75 stand?

I kind of like 31" but not sure how it will look with having only 18" width. Due to lack of time for maintanance and my laziness, i think i will mostly go with LPS/softies with few hardy SPS on the top. I also like to have more fish. I am still debating if i should go with 31" or may be 26" height.

I do have 250 MH's and i think it will be adequate and also better for my LPS/Softies with having little bit higher then what i have right now.

Cindy, I talk to the guy at glasscage and i think he is going to take order at MACNA and then deliver in some place in boston for us to pick it up. It will be 2-3 weeks after MACNA. Cliff you got a PM.
Thanks guys for your replies.

Scott, Can you please post a picture of your tank or email it. Just want to get an idea about 31" high tank.
Thanks
Shoeib

I researched these guys a bit. I also heard comments regarding sloppy silicone, but in general good tanks. I did not persue these guys because they won't work with anything above 1/2" low iron glass. As I recall their guarantee was quite short at about 3 months (some other custom manu. will guarantee for many years if you buy their stand too).

~Flighty~ said:
The overflows are glass with no teeth.
The problem I see with not having the teeth is that the water flows over the glass along with snails, small fish and other livestock. In turn getting caught in your return lines etc etc. something to think about.

I made "teeth" out of some plastic stuff I had. I may get some black acrillic and Build a little box inside the glass. We'll see once I get the sump plumbed.

I agree, if one of my fish got down to my sump it would be bye bye fishy! I have no baffles in my sump it is just a 20H with all my pumps in it

Thanks Dave. That overflow cover doesn't look that bad. THanks for pointing that out.

Cindy,
DId you got the edges polished on your tank? Are they sharp? Is it easy to get cut from there?

I have a 90 tall from glass cages and im going to be honest, the think was thrown together. one side had a rounded corner that was covered in silicone, I assume they busted the corner off during cutting. and the silicone job was more than a little messy, it was on the outside also. another thing was the glass was not lined up flush, some edges stick out more than normal.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back