Glasscages tanks...

dad300

Non-member
I just realized that I am only 3 hours driving time from glasscages factory. I can pick up my self..no shipping. as I am going with a basic configuration.. 75 or 90 do you think they are a viable option? prices seem reasonable..

From what I have seen and heard GC tanks are usually built quite sturdily, with thick glass and plenty of bracing where it counts. The silicone can be a bit sloppy at times, and I have heard of a couple of stories where people got tanks built and didn't / weren't advised to, give the silicone adequate cure time leading to seam failures.

I would definitely consider a GC tank given the pricepoint, just be aware that the silicone needs to cure for weeks (not days). If you want absolute aesthetic perfection, then go with Miracles or another builder but expect to pay a LOT more for a similar sized tank.

For a basic 75 or 90 why not the everyday?
I've had a Marineland (??) for 16+yrs no issues.
Started as my main DT drilled, then moved to my secondary sump.

that is probably where I am headed.. this will be the display tank. I had heard of the issues in the past of the seaming being sloppy.. not overly enjoyed that it appears to still be a issue. the curing I had never heard of.. interesting.. We will see what I get when the time arrives. i'm 10 weeks out from the new house..

glasscages tank build to last forever. I have had several tank build by them and they were solid rock. Their sillicon job may not be as nice as those Acad, Elos or Miracles but their tank is very sturdy, thick glass.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back