Good question

J-Bucci

Non-member
Ok what do you Ladies/Gentelmen recommend feeing. I have 2 Clowns Yellow Tang & Yellow eye Kole Tang (Which is a algae eating beast) Lol Ok I hate that NLS sinks right to the bottom.... Marine A is to small now what would be the next step up? Give me recommendations to run with. Just bought PE Mysis Clouds the sht out of tank. Do not like that at all.

PE mysis needs to be rinsed at least once before feeding IME. It's too oily and will stop your skimmer for several hours. I do not like to use it.
I feed my fish a lot and quite a variety of food. For frozen, I got Larry Reef Frenzy fish food, Hikari Biopure Mysis, spirulina brine.
For dried, I got Omega one flakes and pellets, algae flake, Seachem flakes. Organic seaweed.
For live, I got blackworms, clams, mussels, and oyster.
The frozen and dried stuff, I feed daily and multiple times per day. For the live stuff, it's a special treat for them and maybe once a week. If I have live blackworms, they will get that daily as well.

IMG_5721.JPG Yessss my Skimmer hates the PE. Lol. Ok I thought I was imagine it. Thank god I asked. Lol. Think I'm going to try the PE Pellets. I want great food without the drama. If that makes sense. They love the Marine A. But it's very small. I do put the seaweed in a IM clip. Every other day for my tangs though.

My fish love the pe pellets except my banggais the look at it and don't even try. Agree on rinsing pe mysis.

IMG_5729.PNG So that's a on the PE Pellets. Do they just sink or slow sink. Tell ya what though. I fed my bubble tip the PE Mysis he went crazy and is wide open right now looks very happy Lol

Some Cherry Stone from our cook out. I took some out and smashed one side of the shell and prepared them for the fish. You can just put it fresh like this in the tank and the fish will go nuts but it can get quite messy. I freeze them and take it out and cut it after it has been completely frozen.
IMG_7989.JPG

Individually wrapped ready to freeze.
IMG_7990.JPG

In the freezer they go.
IMG_7991.JPG

If I feed it fresh clams, I score it with a razor blade in a cross-cross pattern before putting it in the tank. Otherwise, the fish tear it up and there will be some really big pieces that none of them can swallow and will get stuck in the crevice and rot.
The frozen clams are scraped off and you can feed it straight like that or add it to your other frozen food. I usually add it to my frozen food.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back