Good skimmer for RedSea 43 Gallon?

TomD

Non-member
I am ordering the sump next week. It has an 11 gallon volume. The rear sump comes with a prizm simmer and that's not going to work for me. The skimmer room is 12.6" x 11.8". I have invested a lot in this for a small tank so looking for affordable and effective. Currently looking at at Deltec. Opions more than welcome especially if you have this tank!

As of now I can only find one store online (Aquacave), that has the plumbing and sump for this tank. It is the Red Sea E series 170..

i am a fan of reef octopus skimmers. they have a few sump space saver models (SSS) with the pump mounted beneath or internal.

I used to use octos and with regular cleaning they worked well but someone at an LFS was telling me about a Deltec rated for 120 gallons for $180 or so. I want to get a skimmer that does at least double the tank volume.

that's interesting to hear. any issues dialing it in or anything? i have never looked into deltecs. do you just seem more dark skimmate produced versus the octo?

Not sure at all it was just an opinion from someone because I said I wanted something rated appt double the tank volume. Ironically I have to post another skimmer question for my work tank but I was interested in people's opinions. I've invested more into this tank for its size that ever before so I really want the best performance.

Check out the simplicity DC skimmers. I just ordered the DC240 for my 120 build
ba5356e4cf0a482c4aa6b4295cde0b39.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Try out a recirculating skimmer . No water height to worry about can be in or out of the sump and pulls a ton of gunk

Back