Got Bristleworms

mvallee

Non-member
So after breaking my wrist on my dominant hand and being out of commission for almost 13 weeks for anything tank/wet related finally getting back on track.
Today was muck the sump day which was a real mess but what I was most surprised with was the number of Bristle worms in my Cheato. I had about a nerf football sized piece I pulled out and put in a bucket and noticed a bunch of red, when I started pulling it apart (very carefully) seems almost like it was a bristle worm nest, UGH so gross and yes I did get a few bristles in my hand.

IMG_20191006_145241.jpg

I “try” to wear gloves when grabbing things in the tank but doesn’t really happen and I have a box of them in the stand lol
Pricks , I mean perks of being a reefer lol

So after breaking my wrist on my dominant hand and being out of commission for almost 13 weeks for anything tank/wet related finally getting back on track.
Today was muck the sump day which was a real mess but what I was most surprised with was the number of Bristle worms in my Cheato. I had about a nerf football sized piece I pulled out and put in a bucket and noticed a bunch of red, when I started pulling it apart (very carefully) seems almost like it was a bristle worm nest, UGH so gross and yes I did get a few bristles in my hand.

View attachment 129572
Maybe I should check my cheato??

I have a small 1 gallon bare bottom tank, and the only clean-up crew is bristle worms. They do a great job.

Back