Green Leather question

kl3377

Non-member
My Green Leather (not positive on exact type) did a little bit of shedding and has been closed up for over a week now. Color is good, just very retracted and no polyps to be seen. I have read that they can do this. Should I be concerned?
Params are all in line and nothing has changed (other than location but it was good a week plus after) since I got the coral a few months ago. All other corals look great. Sorry for not great photo.
Green Leather.jpg
Green Leather Open.jpg

Leathers can pout a long time. As long has it’s not degrading I would just wait it out, one of mine did that for 3 weeks then one day was fully open like nothing ever happened.

Leathers can do that. Some leathers need time to adjust after being moved. Or it may need more flow, less flow, more light, less light...

Leathers would be close to my last concern in a tank as they can survive almost anything and almost any tank.

Last edited:
Mine is actually doing that now, last week it shedded and this week it’s all shriveled up. I thought the water parameters were off, but didn’t make any sense since my other one is doing fine. I just transferred it to another tank, should have kept it in there if I had read this post earlier.

Quick update. Leather went through another spell of shedding and began to show signs of polyps. Still not back but definitely starting to puff up some.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back