Green Zoa/Paly removal

Jbotelho85

Non-member
I have a bunch of green zoas or palys that are spreading next to my miami vice zoanthids and I was wondering if they will kill the miami vice, or if i should remove them? What is the best way without killing myself, or the inhabitants? I'm unsure if they have palytoxin.

The palys can kill them by overtaking them and blocking out their light. Any pics of them?

If the green palys are spreading that quickly, they will eventually choke out the other zooanthids. You can remove the green palys by pulling them off of the rock with tweezers. Don't do too many at once and wear gloves. The other option I have is to cover the green palys with water weld and leave it for a week or two. I do this with my lepto that spreads where it doesn't belong.

You can remove the green palys by pulling them off of the rock with tweezers. Don't do too many at once and wear gloves.

Make sure to wear eye protection too. Thats an experience you don't want I just recently made that mistake even though I new better. You can pick them off with tweezers but lot easier if you can take rock out while you do it.

Thank you for the replies, sorry, it's been awhile since I've been able to get on, my gf became pregnant and has been having issues requiring hospital stays.

Taking the rock out is a definite no go, tweezers it will be. The greens are nice, but I love the miami vice. Now I have one stupid aiptasia in the middle of my aoi zooanthids. The goodnews, I have one caribbean stony coral I found on some live rock from Florida, so I'm pumped about that!

The green ones near the top blue with pink centers

Attachments

• 20200207_211246.jpg
    20200207_211246.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 197
Stuff makes me super nervous. I took a few polyps out today and feel little funny. I was careful as I could be so it's probably nothing more then little anxiety. Wore long gloves, used long tweezers, transfered into a cup of tank water facing away from me vs tossing trash or a bag.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back