Greg - It Moved!

starrfish

Non-member
Ok - get your minds outta the gutters - this isn't a Seinfeld episode. I'm talking about the cute little anemone that I got from Greg. It hadn't moved in 2 days, but it finally moved today. Greg, I see what you mean - I may never find it again!

Marvin - why am I not surprised that you are the first to respond...heehee ;) It's a very tiny green with pink tip anemone - very cute!

Ahhh a tulip anemone. Very cool critters. You will see it again. If not that one its offspring.

;)

That's it! Greg told me they multiply alot, but they aren't nuisances like aiptasia - thinking of getting a Copperband to get rid of those little bastards! Ahhh...change of subject...Millar just hit a 2 run homer...I still have faith.

Daire

This year is the year we have all been waiting for.

Keep the faith till the world series is ours!!!!

How is Wakefield doing?

BUMMER on the Copperband and Tulip!! Will the Copperband eat my RBTA?? The game just tied at 6-6. I have only been listening, not watching, because I've been reading all the threads on BRS and RC, so I'm not really sure about Wakey. But tie game is not good :mad:

The CB will not eat the RBTA, I don't think. Do a search at RC you might find some info on RBTA and CB.
Get some peppermint shrimp they will do in the apitasia and will probably leave the Tulip alone.

Wakey has been a little shakey of late. Our bats will pull us through.

Our bats haven't been too strong the last 2 games. Wakey got pulled for Myers :confused: That guys sucks!

Tried the peppermint shrimp - didn't eat anything, but made a good dinner for my Six Line when I was on vacation :)

We used to have a copper band in our RBTA tank no problems. Unless your a feather duster or and aptasia then you have big problems! They are so cool to watch!

Hey Marc - I have a bunch of small featherduster hitchhikers - don't care about them so much. I have one very large featherduster that I purchased, but I would be willing to sacrifice him for a beautiful fish and no aiptasia!!

Go for the CB. Trade in the large feather duster for something else.

Copper banded can be tricky so make sure it is eating before you bring it home.

At one time I had a feather duster out break ....it was really bad. The CBB took care of them. Just be very particular where you get him from make sure he's net caught, this fish is very often cyanide collected. You will pay almost 2X for a true net caught but the fish will have a much better chance at survival.

I know about the feeding thing and CBBs, have talked to a few knowlegeable BRS folks who have had good experiences. Hopefully, I'll be as lucky. I've been looking for a great "show case" fish for my last addition...I think the CBB will be it. F##%%k the featherdusters!!

Marvin - we have to stop meeting like this! ;) Bases loaded, no outs....

Marc, thanks for the heads up on the net caught vs cyanide - didn't know that was an issue for the CBB. I wish it wasn't an issue for any fish...

Those tulip anemones can move pretty fast. In 24 hours I had mine move from the top to the bottom of a 65 gallon tank. Since they are colorful you will probably see it again.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back