Hanging MH Lights - not from ceiling

SherryQ

loves pufferfish
I am getting Paula's old settup!!! My question is - how to hang metal halide lights without using the ceiling or wall? If anyone has done this please post some pictures or diagrams. Thanks!

Sherry

Is this the 72 Bow? Have you considered a hood? We have a set of 4 - four foot VHO inside our plastic hood on the 72. I have built a hood for our 125 gallon tank that has 3 250 watt reef optix III and 2 6 foot VHO. We have the entire front panel hinged for easy access. We are only out on 495 in Littleton if you would like to take a look. Still working on the stand for the 125.

Thanks for the offer PenMan. I will consider it. I think though that I like the idea of being able to lower and raise the lights. It is the 72 bowfront. Do you have more problems with heat with the lights in a hood resting on top of the tank? Any pics? Thank you.

I imagine you could retro some kind of shepard's hooks often used in gardens to hang them...perhaps just drill some wooden blocks and insert them

something along that idea?

I will try to get Doug to take some pictures of the hood. It is a little more difficult on the bow because of the hood. What are you using to MH bulbs?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back