Has anyone cut the “ears” off their Jebao SOW-8 or SOW-15 to enable 360 rotation? If so, what were the results? Does it stay in place?

chadfish

BRS Member
I asked this on R2R but I figured I’d ask you guys too. I want to rotate this SOW-8, but I’m afraid I’ll ruin it by cutting the ears off. Don’t they hold it to the bracket?

I think the ears are actually what holds it in place. They’re not setup like the tunzes that are cradled in.

I think the ears are actually what holds it in place. They’re not setup like the tunzes that are cradled in.
They are marketed as 360deg, but then the instruction manual says to do this if you want to enable that capability. Sounds risky to me, but they tell you it’s okay to do.... but then again, it’s written in chinglish

Which ears are you talking about? I am looking at my pumps and don't see anything that could be chopped that wouldnt just disconnect it front the mount itself.

I agree, sounds risky, that’s why I’m asking around first. Here are the “directions” in the “manual”.

image.jpg

I just saw your post on r2r. If it’s just to get the cable against the wall just take the pump off of the base and put it back on with the cord facing the wall if there’s enough clearance.

Ok, I see what you mean now with that drawing. I guess I just don't see the point, as you can just rotate the magnet so that is effectively the same thing. I have a spare smaller one that I may do this with when I get home just to see if I can find an advantage to it.

I just saw your post on r2r. If it’s just to get the cable against the wall just take the pump off of the base and put it back on with the cord facing the wall if there’s enough clearance.
Yeah, the problem is the way the cable meets the ball and the lack of clearance between the ball and the magnet. Once I flip the ball, I can’t rotate it “up” anymore, so in the case of the photo on R2R, it’s permanently angled slightly to the back wall.
Not a big deal, I just wanted to relocate from my side wall to the back wall to minimize scratches to the acrylic (I’m constantly repositioning to get the flow I want).
I was just hoping to talk to someone who tried it already

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back