Has anyone hatched and kept alive a shark?

tanks_kid1

Non-member
i bought a shark egg at the lfs about 3 weeks ago and went to go look and see how disolved the egg sack was and it broke out of the egg in front of me which was cool! now for the obvious part how do i get this shark to eat i have tried silver sides, squid, and shrimp all like 1/4" in length and width handfeeding and with tongs, has nipped at the silversides but that is it any help would be great

Thanks Chris

Never hatched one myself, but your post made me curious so I did some searching. A lot of these posts say things like:

"Took about 2 weeks to finally get him on food, mysis and the tiniest pieces of silversides."

"After they hatch, they will take a seemingly forever amount of time to get to eat. You will have to be very, very, very patient with them. Lastly once they do eat, make sure you research the proper food for this guys."

http://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/329317/hatching-bamboo-shark-eggs

What type of shark is it? Seems like you have a lot of research/education ahead of you.

Good luck with it!

y i did a lot of research and am hoping he lives it i only a week old on thursday so i will keep offering him food

I never have, but have done a lot of research on it, and the best thing seems to be live saltwater feeder shrimp.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back