Has anyone turned their RODI system into a Reactor?

a1enos

Non-member
Has anyone turned their RODI system into a Reactor? I saw on bulk reef supply they use the same stuff for reactors now. Im not really using my 5 stage system so I’d rather use for a reactor for nutrients to help with some of the unwanted algae’s I have.
Thank You, Adam

I know the major difference is the water connectors. Rodi tubing is much smaller than the half inch that is required for reactors. You might have to source specialty parts to change the water line. That would be my only concern... but they are almost identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to swap out the John guest fittings for the larger size no problem. Home Depot I should have everything you need. Just change the quarter inch fittings to half inch, then get half inch tubing and a female to female John guest connector and that will connect the tubing directly to A maxi jet pump.

And for The half inch tubing, you want the same style Semi rigid tubing just like the stuff that’s already on your RODI unit just in the larger size. They do carry it at Home Depot.

The only other consideration I can think of is that you may want to add a ball valve on the feedline so you can regulate the flow rate. They will have little ball valves with John guest fittings right there in the same rack at Home Depot. You could use that part to connect to the pump, instead of a female to female connector, but then you would have to stick your hands In the water every time you go to make an adjustment. Then again you wouldn’t have to do it very often.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back