Healthy and growing but why Brown pocillopora

mvallee

Non-member
when I bought this pocillopora it was a subdued pink and nowhere near as bushy looking, It i snow very full and Bushy looking, what I would consider very healthy other than it is brown. what would cause this, nutrients, lights,

This piece is on the sandbed so 24" or so below the light where my Euphalia and mushrooms are growing
IMG_20190405_180547.jpg

and this one is 6" below the surface under my Hydra 26 HD/T5 combo so thinking not light related.

IMG_20190405_180620.jpg

Thoughts?

Those look like healthy Porci . It was probably pink from being blasted with really high PAR . You would have to move it up directly under one of the pucks to get it to color up like it was Im thinking .

What color are your t5 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color are your t5 ?

I have a 48" fixture running 3 blue plus and 1 aquablue special ATI bulbs, I run these for 5 hours a day and the rest of the day I am running 3 hydra 26HD at about a 12K spectrum cutting back on the green and red channels to 1-2%

I will suggest replace the aquablue special with a purple plus

I will suggest replace the aquablue special with a purple plus

I was just getting ready to replace all the bulbs should I stick with the three blue Plus and then the one Purple Plus? I was thinking about adding an Actinic to the Mix so would be one Actinic, 2 blue Plus and one Purple Plus or would you not recommend the actinic as the Hydra26 HD's fill that range?

I have a bunch of used 48in ati bulbs in all the colors if you wanna take them to play with them and find what works.

You can do one actinic, one purple plus and two blue plus

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back