Heater

scjpll

Non-member
What’s a good brand for a reliable heater for 120 gallon my heater shorted out same brand second time in 10 years turn my fish tank into a boil lost all but two fish

I use Jaeger heaters on one system, cobalt neo therm on another and an aqueon on another that a large store/vendor in the industry uses on all his frag tanks.

Sorry to hear about the losses.

I’m trying 2, smaller, BRS titanium heaters in my latest tank. The non-BRS branded heater has good reviews in Europe.

+1 on Eheim. I’ve used Eheim Jager heaters for years.

One recommendation I’ve seen is to put where the heater cord enters the heater above the water line. BRS recommends replacing heaters yearly, but I doubt that many people do that.

What’s a good brand for a reliable heater for 120 gallon my heater shorted out same brand second time in 10 years turn my fish tank into a boil lost all but two fish

Not gonna fix the heater crapping to bed, but if you had it on a controller to cut power to heater if tank reaches x temp

The best heater in the world won’t fix your problem unless you have another source of controlling it.

I have the brs heaters (2x 200) connected to their controller which is in turn connected to my reef pi. I read good things about the heater brand. Controller not so much but the reef pi will keep an eye on it.

I was going to use eheim, I loved them for my daughters freshwater tank, but for the wattage In my basement I need they get very long. I am using the eheim 300 W I got for the salt water bin.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back