Hello! (...and free stuff)

pauldrapeau

Non-member
Hello,

Long time lurker first time poster. Been keeping reef tanks for a while now and just decided to start a new one. This is a 90G "cube" from SCA aquariums with the TBS "package" in it. So far so good even though I've picked out a few sketchy hitchhikers. Good comes with the bad! :)

byCYXZq.jpg

I'm not just posting to say Hi I'm also posting because I ordered way too big of a package from TBS and I have left over rock in a holding tank in my basement. I've seen some reefing karma in my days so I'll pass it along. Anyone local that wants TBS rock can have it if they come pick it up. I have two large pieces, Walt Smith style rock, FRESH! covered with barnacles, sponges, and who knows what else. You could use them, break them up, seed other tanks whatever. I just want them to go to a good home. PM me here or paul [at] paul drapeau [dot] com (no spaces) and I'll send you pics and set it up. I'm out by 495.

Welcome Paul! Good to see new members on the forums! Pming you about the rock :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All,

I think the rock is spoken for... If things go well with the tank I have a bunch of dry rock I cold seed over time if people are interested in it. I'll try to post some more and get active here.

Thanks for the good welcome.

Don't really have a build thread so I figured I would just update here. This tank is around the 6 month mark now. Urchin population is under control. :) The macro algae that came on the rocks gets trimmed now and then but so far so good. I would definitely do the TBS rock thing again if I set up another tank but I would take it slow as I did here. ~4 months fishless, others have seen isopods with this rock and sand but I never did. I suppose I just starved them out. Yeah I know I need to scrape the glass LOL ;)

oI3kdSA.jpg

Looking good! The only other downside is those hairy crabs. I thought I had them eradicated but saw a small one crawl out of the rock work a couple weeks ago.

Thanks again for the rock! Keep on reefing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good! The only other downside is those hairy crabs. I thought I had them eradicated but saw a small one crawl out of the rock work a couple weeks ago.

Thanks again for the rock! Keep on reefing!

Yeah they come and go... when I can grab them they're good mantis shrimp food :) I haven't seen them really bother anything. I suppose if they get huge they could be a real problem but then I figure the bigger they are the less hiding places they have so I'll get them if it comes to that :)

Looks good
Next large tank I setup will also have “REAL” live rock from the ocean, all this dead rock is better and safer is all bs. You get something from anything you put in the tank. Might as well start the tank off right:cool:

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back