rock-n-reef

BRS Member
Hi everyone! great to see such a large reefing community in the area! I have been drooling over some of the awesome fish and coral collection you folks have! We moved into Mass few years ago and live in the Hopkinton neighborhood. I have been in the hobby for a while, but started to build my new system after moving into our home in Hopkinton. 175 display with 300 gallon overall system. It has been a slow work in progress build. At some-point I will start documenting a build thread up here.

But in the meantime some quick pics of the tank.

Main Tank: RSM 650 max. It was a struggle for the first year to get the tank stabilized. Now starting to introduce few frags.

main_tank.jpg

Anemone Tank - Connected to the main reef

anemone_tank.jpg

Grow-out Tank - separate system (to back up corals for when disaster strikes. Not a matter of if, but when)

growout_tank.jpg

Nice tanks, lots of coraline! Seems like you've got the right touch with copperbands. I love that archway over the hammer.

Thank you all! Looking forward to meeting everyone at the next BRS meetup when things get back to normal (whenever that is!)

Nice tanks, lots of coraline! Seems like you've got the right touch with copperbands. I love that archway over the hammer.
Thank you! I did have an aiptasia outbreak and the copperband were the lifesaver (tried berghia nudibranchs, but my melanurus always had a good meal of them) It took a lot of time conditioning the CBs and getting them to eat frozen food. They are now one of the most active members in the tank crew!

The colony below the archway is a pearl bubble, but it is difficult to say from the picture.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back