Hello from NH

ChrisNH

BRS Member
I just joined after watching the "BRS 360" video where Ryan extolled the virtues of the local reef club. My other hobby is model trains where a local group is a huge part of my enjoyment so I thought it worth a try, Covid not withstanding.

I live in the Seacoast NH area. I have done FW but this is my first marine tank. I am setting up a 40B & Sump I picked up from a reefer who was reducing the number of tanks he had. I have actually had it for quite some time and just never had space to set it up. After we moved the laundry to the basement (Sink!) next to my office/hobby space I realized that it was time!

Everything seems to be coming together after dealing with some frustrating leveling issues with my DIY stand. I drilled the tank for an external fijicube overflow, the old hole is repurposed with a 3/4" bulkhead for a return. We have a pile of marco rock and hope to aquasape soon.

I have built a reef-pi to control/oversee the thing. Thats been a lot of fun. I just got the stuff to build in a ph probe and I have to test the ATO part but its coming together nicely. I plan to add a few other level sensors. Its been the hobby within the hobby. I am going to build one for my son's gecko habitat and my daughters FW tank at some point.

Anyway, hello!

Welcome to BRS! A 40B is an excellent size to start with and lends itself well to aquascaping.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back