hello+++ men and women

mcf6188

Non-member
it has been a while since i have been on line .i have a question .i just put in a 32 gal biocube the return pump seems to drain that chamber to fast. i mean to fast. it is the right pump and the return line is the right length. i checked it on line . so any suggestions i am sure is is simple fix i hope .hope all had a great turkey. thanks

What makes you think it is draining too fast? Once the water level in the tank is at the same height as the over flow, it isn't possible for the drain to drain water faster than the pump supplies it.

Is the chamber where the return pump is draining or better yet not refilling fast enough to keep up with pump? Is the drain big enough to handle the pump? Or is the drain restricted? Will the tank start to overflow if you add water?

There are three chambers. Chamber 1: skimmer - water flows into chamber 2. Chamber 2: filter media and water flows into chamber 3 from the bottom of the divider. Chamber 3: pump. I have bio cubes, and I always cut a notch in the divider to allow more water to flow from chamber 1 into 2. If you're using the stock skimmer, you need to leave enough plastic on the divider for it to hang. A 1 inch notch is all you need to solve your problem.

i keep my 3rd chamber almost the same height as the first two chambers with water no more waterfall noise and plenty of water for the pump
i also have a cobalt maxi jet 1200 in there
i also chucked the filter on topof chamber 2 and cup a piece of egg crate to fit and make my own pads
the bio cubes ones are expensive and when they clog in a few days they stop the water from going into chamber 2

well to all the fellow reefers to many to name but you know who y r . the info.i received worked out awesome ... thank you and GO PATS SUPER BOWL BOUND #### 6 DEAR I SAY ???

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back