Hello people

blasto_master

Non-member
My name is Chris and I have been in the hobby for 12 years. I started with a 29 gallon tank, and I am now up to 400+ gallons of tanks; 180 aquarium, 190 pond, 55 algae tank. Through the many years I have had my ups and downs. This year 2017, seems to be where I have made some adjustments and really taken things to another level. What works for me is: low nutrient system via vodka dosing/ giant algae scrubber/ marine pure bio blocks /large Protein skimmer/ no sand.
Having a low nutrient aquarium requires extra feeding otherwise the corals turn faded or even die. I do this by adding 4 cubes of frozen per day and what I like to call the dealbreaker....reefroids.
Thank you guys for having me as a member.

Attachments

• IMG_7585.JPG
    IMG_7585.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 500
That's where my wife is from Weymouth! I used to go out there every week until I convinced her to move in with me.:)

They ended up at my friends house and stayed there during a tank crash. It was a gift from me for helping out. I'm going to get some more soon.

Tank looks excellent! Question...ive circled one of your specimen, what do you call it? How long have you had it? Is that the largest the polyps open?
b14df20f806817126dffcb1eda3a4513.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tank looks excellent! Question...ive circled one of your specimen, what do you call it? How long have you had it? Is that the largest the polyps open?

Nuclear green trumpet- they are a very fast growing coral. The polyps on it are about half an inch In size. I know many people with these including myself in Bostonreefer's. The good thing is they are fairly inexpensive.

Start small and grow big.

Attachments

• IMG_8657.JPG
    IMG_8657.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 453
Pretty sure I have the same thing. Just curious on your experience with them.

Pretty sure I have the same thing. Just curious on your experience with them.

I have had nothing but good luck with them. They grow very well for me. I have fragged them many times and never lost even a single head. Great centerpieces when they get to massive sizes.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back